What We Do
The Women of Tomorrow mission is to inspire, motivate and empower at-risk young women to live up to their full potential through a unique mentoring program with highly accomplished professional women and scholarship opportunities. Our program is specifically designed to meet the needs of at-risk teenage girls in our nation’s public high schools and help them turn obstacles into opportunities by providing the exposure, motivation, confidence and opportunities required to create a better future for themselves, their families, and society.
Women of Tomorrow provides preventative programming for at-risk girls to change the world, one young woman at a time. Our program:
• Promotes drop-out prevention
• Increases access to higher education
• Creates pathways out of poverty
• Fosters workforce development
Women of Tomorrow School Coordinators select girls they feel will most benefit from the program based on the following criteria:
1. At risk of dropping out of high school;
2. At risk of getting pregnant;
3. At risk of getting involved in gangs, drugs or other criminal activity;
4. At risk of abuse;
5. At risk academically;
6. At risk economically;
7. At risk due to social and/or family circumstances;
8. At risk behaviorally;
9. Other economic, social, behavioral, medical, academic or other risk factors.
Many Women of Tomorrow Mentees come from families where there is no precedent for higher educational attainment; 48% are first generation to graduate high school and 64% are first generation to pursue higher education.